Hunger and poverty are sad truths of this world. With women, children and the elderly all living hungry and poor on a daily basis, we wanted to post an article that demonstrates this and promotes awareness. In this day and age, hunger and poverty should not be an issue, and every one should come together to eliminate this problem.
Here at Quotes Hunger, we regularly donate to great charities who work to eradicate hunger and poverty in some of the worlds poorest countries. To promote awareness for this issue, we have compiled some of the best quotes about hunger and poverty from around the web for your awareness.
So, check out the best quotes about hunger and poverty below and leave a comment to let us know your thoughts on this subject..
1. “Civilization as it is known today could not have evolved, nor can it survive, without an adequate food supply” – Norman Borlaug
2. “If you’re born poor, it’s not your mistake. But if you die poor, it’s your mistake..” – Bill Gates
3. “I think every person has the ability to effect change.. every one of us affects the world constantly through our actions.. through our every thought, our every word, the way that we interact with other people we’re constantly affecting the world..” – Adam Yauch, the Beastie Boys, 1964-2012
4. “Africa has a large quantity of natural resources including oil, diamonds, gold, iron, cobalt, uranium, copper, bauxite, silver, petroleum and cacao beans, but also woods and tropical fruits. Much of its natural resources are undiscovered or barely harnessed. They are still dying from starvation because the natural resources that are under their feets are owned by capitalism worldwide…”
5. “Do your little bit of good where you are. It’s those little bits of good put together that overhelm the world..” – Desmond Tutu
6. “Even the rich are hungry for love, for being card for, for being wanted, for having to call their own..” – Mother Teresa
7. “As the wealthiest nation on Earth, I believe the United States has a moral obligation to lead the fight against hunger and malnutrition, and to partner others..” – President Barack Obama
8. “Doesn’t matter how rich you are, you cannot bribe the Angel of Death..”
9. “Overcoming poverty is not a gesture of charity, it is an act of Justice” – Nelson Mandela
10. “Proverbs 19:17 “Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed..”
11. “Hunger is not caused by a scarcity of food, but by a scarcity of democracy..” – Frances Moore Lappe
12. “Poverty is the worst form of violence..” – Mahatma Gandhi
13. “The future depends on what we do in the present…” – Mahatma Gandhi
14. “The idea that some lives matter elss is the root of all that is wrong with the world..” – Dr. Paul Farmer
15. “Death by starvation is slow..” – Mary Austin