Labor day is the celebration of the American labor movement in the United States and occurs annually. This special day recognizes the importance of the contributions workers have made to the growth, prosperity and strength of America in the modern day. Labor day dates back to 1886 and is celebrated annually all over the United States of America.
This article recognizes the importance of labor day to the USA and presents some of the best labor day quotes that are available from around the web. The best labor day quotes capture the importance of this special day to all in America, demonstrating how hard workers, both past and present, contribute to the greatness of America in the present day.
The quotes about labor day teach us that persistent hard work pays off, and that the very fabric of the United States is built on hard work and dedication.
So, check out the best labor day quotes below and let us know your thoughts by commenting.
1. “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard” – Tim Notke
2. “Set your goal, set your schedule, set your deadline, and then set your leisure time” – Happy Labor Day!
3. “And people should eat and drink and enjoy the fruits of their labor, for these are gifts from God” – Happy Labor Day!
4. “Choose a job you love and you will never have to work a day in your life” – Happy Labor Day Quotes
5. “Child labor and poverty are inevitably bound together and if you continue to use the labor of children as the treatment for the social disease of poverty, you will have both poverty and child labor to the end of time” – Happy Labor Day!
6. “You deserve to take a day off. Better yet.. how about a THREE day weekend” – Happy Labor Day!!
7. “All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence” – Happy Labor Day!!
8. “Unlimited exploitation of cheap labor power is the sole foundation of their power to compete” – Karl Marx
9. “What the two hands of the laborer could achieve, the capitalist would never get with all his gold and silver” – Ghandi
10. “It was as if I’d been in the middle of a book that I had to put down when I got too tired to keep reading, or a video put on pause. I wanted to pick back up with the story and find out what happened to the characters, except that the characters were us..” – Joyce Maynard, Labor Day
11. “Once word leaks out that a pirate has gone soft, people begin to disobey you, and then it’s nothing but work, work, work all the time..” – The Dread Pirate Roberts
12. “The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work” – Harry Golden
13. “As we celebrate today with picnics, parades and frivolous activities, take a moment to reflect upon the true meaning of Labor Day”
14. “Prescription for health is less paperwork and more running barefoot through the grass” – Happy Labor Day!
15. “Let’s do as little as humanly possible until Labor Day so we’ll have the energy to do slightly more than that afterwards”
16. “You truly deserve a sparkling celebration on this special day. Have a great Labor Day!”
17. “Happy Labor Day 2015”
18. “If you knew how much work went into it, you wouldn’t call it genius”